Up to now, Asics has been the brand of shoe which has large number of loyal fan in spite of high price.Today, ASICS offers a full line of performance-driven athletic shoes and technical active sports apparel and accessories dedicated to bringing harmony to the body and soul. GEL Kayano 21 is the new version of Asics featuring the next generation of FluidRide and an Ortholite X40 sockliner for the lightest and most luxuriously stable ride yet. Especially, if you suffer from plantar fasciitis, this type of shoe is the ideal choice for your feet.
- FluidFit™ upper combines stretch reinforcements with multidirectional stretch mesh that adapt to your foot, providing a truly customized glove-like fit.
- Heel Clutching System™ improves support and offers a better heel fitting environment.
- ComforDry™ X-40 Sockliner features anti-odor properties for a drier, cooler, healthier environment.
- FluidRide™ midsole technology connects the ultimate bounce-back and cushioning properties with reduced weight and especially exceptional durability.
- DuoMax® Support System concludes a dual-density midsole positioned to enhance support and stability for performance.
- Guidance Trusstic System® combines with Guidance Line® technology to promote gait efficency and provide structural integrity through the midfoot.
- forefoot and Heel GEL® Cushioning Systems and Impact Guidance System (I.G.S®) support to disperse and absorb shock during impact and toe-off phases, permitting natural foot movement as you move through the gait cycle.
- Guidance Line® technology in the outsole uses vertical flex grooves to decouple the tooling along the line of progression for enhanced gait efficiency and performance.
- Weight: 9.8 ounces
- Heel Height: 24mm.
- Forefoot Height: 11mm.
I have had these Kayano 21’s for about a month now and I can say that my foot pain has lessened by at least 80-90 %. Especially in my heels!, it doesn’t cause blisters on my heels. I tried the ASICS on in the shoe store and fell in love with them! They have the comfort and cushioning that I was looking for! After a couple of days of getting the feel for them, I was able to run 10 miles without any discomfort. these extra comfortable feeling are provided by the high quality of cushion and mesh. As well as last version. with the comfort and support of GEL-Equipped athletic shoes, everyone’s body can become a “runner’s body.” Everyone can push themselves farther into the field of what was previously reserved for only the “elite.”
ASICS FluidFit™ upper technology combines stretch reinforcements with multi-directional stretch mesh that adapt to the athlete’s foot, providing a truly customized glove-like fit. In the comparison with last versions, their toe box is larger. You should buy the size larger for running shoes for extra toe space. When you tried these on, they didn’t feel that much bigger than your normal size & there wasn’t that much of extra toe space but when you try running in them, your toes will not get pushed to the front & squished like your normal running shoes & the extra gel cushioning on the sole feels really comfy, my heel sometimes hurts when I run but not with these.
ASICS® design philosophy that employs linked componentry to enhance the foot’s natural gait from heel strike to toe-off. Gait efficiency is enhanced thanks to Guidance Line® and Guidance Trusstic System®
It’s still early to review the extra durability concern with the Kayano 21. But in this version, Asics used FluidRide® which provides the ultimate combination of bounce back and cushioning properties with reduced weight and exceptional durability. According to the durability review of previous versions, I firmly believe that the durability of Asics Gel- Kayano 21 is good and even best ever.
STABILITY AND SUPPORT
I always liked wearing the Kayanos for its support and stability. This evolution of DuoMax® system used in this versions enhancing stability and support, with increased platform support and reduced weight . I also love the additional support the 21 has around the ankle. Besides, Exoskeletal heel counter provides improved support that make Asics GEL-Kayano 21 become the one of the best supportive and stable running shoes on the market nowadays.
If you tried previous version of Asics, maybe they made you disappointment about their breathability because your feet usually finish a run hotter in these shoes. However, for Asics GEL-Kayano 21, this problem is significantly improved. ComforDry X-40 Sockliner designed in this product line features higher rebound properties while providing excellent moisture management, high-level breathability.
Asics GEL-Kayano 20 was rated as lightest running shoe of Asics brand at 10.9 oz. however; with new revolution in design the weight of shoes was reduced. At 9.8 oz, you will feel like running on the air because it is so light and fast. This is ideal choice for fat runners.
For some people Asics GEL-Kayano 20 were too expensive and i would never ever normally spend that much on a pair of shoes but it was really well worth it. With newer revolution in its design than last versions, this value is considered as reasonable price, not too expensive as many people thought.
White/Pop/Knockout Pink | Width – B – Medium, Charcoal/Sharp Green/Purple, Onyx/Black/Silver, Powder Blue/White/Hot Pink and White/Hot Pink/Emerald…etc are available colors that Asics recommend to customer. I love blue and pink so I bought a pair of shoe with these colors. I was really pleased about my shoe’s look. It is so cool in both style and color. I not only wear them when running but also for other activities. Love them so much!
- Great comfort and fit
- Good road shoe, good for high-mileage
- Great cushioning and support
- Available in widths, large sizes and normal colors
- 20-year resume with thousands of loyal fans
- Higher breathability
- Lightest Gel-Kayano ever
- Good for runners
- Expensive price
ASICS GEL Cushioning technology began a world of new potential for runners and athletes of all sizes, shapes and skill levels who strove to play harder, run longer, and perform more intensely. I highly recommend this running shoe line for the serious runner who experiences mild to moderate over-pronation.