The running shoes Asics Gel Kayano 22 have long been rated as one of the most favorite sports shoes of runners. These running shoes are well known for the consistent stability.
Started since 1993, the Asics Gel Kayano has become one of the top successful running shoes all over the time. Up to the 22ndedition, there are more innovations in its cushioning and stability to significantly enhance the quality as well as soften impacts. As a result, they are famous for runners that are considered to be one of the best running shoes for flat feet.
Description of the Asics Gel Kayano 22
The Kayano 21st edition is so successful that it seems that the next version is difficult to have better results. However, when opening the box of the Kayano 22 running shoes, I have to change my mind due to its nice design.
In fact, this new model only has several changes and still keeps most of the good features of the predecessors about the stability and cushioning. But its upper is upgraded to use the seamless materials whereas its sole is retained as what I expected.
– Pronation: Similar to other Asics models, the Kayano 22 continues to maintain the great advantages of stability to satisfy the needs of over-pronators. Accordingly, both of the midsoles and the outsoles are not changed but keep retained the 10mm offset to make the comfortable ride for a mild stability.
– The upper: This is the part having the biggest changes with the updated seamless construction. Apart from that, it still uses the engineered mesh integration throughout the upper to provide the breathability, comfort, and flexibility while running.
With this new design, the shoes will be much lighter and protect your feet from unexpected blisters. Besides, this seamless mesh upper also supplies more responsive and personalized fit so that your feet will be well adapted to the shoes to get more comfortable and snug fit in every step.
– The sole: The sole of Kayano 22 continues to such great features from its predecessor. Accordingly, its sole still has a 10mm drop that makes the best comfort for those who are severely over-pronated. Thanks to this, the Kayano 22 running shoes are also the great shoes for flat feet.
In particular, the midsole construction is retained as the previous editions to bring the secure and responsive cushioning at the underfoot.
Meanwhile, thanks to the GEL cushioning, the forefoot and heel support for the soft smooth feeling whenever you move.However, the heel counter has a bit change that makes your feet more stable and comfortable while wearing; specifically, it is extended and moved up to enhance the support for the heel fit.
On the other hand, with the maintenance of the Dynamic DuoMax System, this model still provide the good control of over-pronation for runners, which enhances the stability of the shoes.
Moreover, the outsole with the Asics High Abrasion Rubber (AHAR) around the heel, the DuraSponge blown rubber at the forefoot, and the crash pad not only makes your toe more comfortable but also provide the smooth, durable and soft cushioning for your steps.
Some reviews of Asics GEL-Kayano 22
Although the Kayano 22 edition is so similar to the 21 versions, there is still some difference between them. From the achievement the predecessor got, this new edition continues to develop it as well as improve some points for the better shoe service.
– Design: The Kayano 22 edition has some overhaul about its design to be more comfortable and stable. Dislike other Asics running shoes that have the sole fitted by the DuoMax foam, this model uses a Dynamic DuoMax Support and inserts 3 GEL pads in order to reduce the weight and improve the support and its stability.
In addition, the shoe gets much higher cushion due to a Gel pad layer and SoLyte foam material at the midsole part.
Besides, the Kayano 22 has some improvements on the basic of the predecessors to meet the needs of runners, for instance, the mid-foot is lighter, simpler while the outsole is designed with a crosshatch pattern and some wider grooves, etc. This model also is more attractive due to the engineered mesh cover together with the glossy aesthetic overlays.
– Sizing / Fit: Owing to the stretchable uppers, your feet will be comfortably fitted to the shoes. Moreover, the breathable mesh also provides a light feeling while wearing with the surprising form fitting. It won’t be too tight or too loose. There is only one concern for those who have a big foot that the forefoot is rather small for your toes’ comfort.
– Comfort: As I have mentioned above, there is no doubt about the great comfort this shoe can bring to you. The major factor contributes this comfort is the Dynamic DuoMax system at its sole. Furthermore, the underfoot also provides the ideal balance for the smooth transition.
The comfort of this model, on the other hand, comes from the highly sufficient cushioning.
– Performance: This is such a nice shoe for both professional and amateur. Thanks to the great cushioning it has as well as the soft, lightweight, smooth features, you are totally possible to walk or run with the highest comfort even for a long run.
Another attractive thing from this product is its special benefits for flat feet runners. It can help them to improve the gait naturally. With the high quality and durability from this design, you can be confident to run under any kind of weather.
At any rate, the Asics GEL-Kayano 22 seems to be a great option for those who are searching for a shoe with high support and stability. Wearing it and your feet could stay comfortable inside the snug fit shoe.
The 22 edition of Kayano is not only perfect for normal runners but also a good choice for the fallen arch ones. With the wonderful features to bring the highest cushioning, comfort, and support for users, it is worth one of the best running shoes for flat feet.